How to compete?
Preliminary Round: March - June 14th, 2021
|Mar. 1st – Jun. 14th||Preliminary Round Application and Requirements||
1. Form 2-4 participants teams and decide competition projects that align with 17 SDGs.
2. If the participant registers as an individual, he/she can choose three goals from 17 SDGs and the GYE Committee will help arrange competition teams.
1. Participate the GYEC Competition Orientation to learn 2021 GYEC and UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
2. Submit 2021 GYEC competition essay (An entrepreneurial mindset is a set of skills that enable people to identify and make the most of opportunities, overcome and learn from setbacks, and succeed in a variety of settings. The entrepreneurial mindset is unique in that one must be creative, communicative, and highly motivated to succeed, yet open to risk and failure. What do you think an entrepreneurial mindset may help you in school and life? Please write an essay no more than 300 words.)
3. Upload a 1-minute self-introduction video (introducing yourself and describing the problem you are going to solve for the competition)
4. Jun. 14th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time: Submit READING DECK (1-minute video or 8-pages Slides illustrating competition project).
If there are any emergencies, please submit the Reading Deck no later than Jun. 20 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (please send an email to email@example.com explaining situations).
|Jun. 27th – 30th||Semi-Finalist Announcement||
1. The 2021 GYEC Semifinalists will be recognized in an announcement post on GYEC official website.
2. All participants will receive emails about the Semifinalist announcement.
All participants can choose the competition projects by themselves or they can choose one of the projects from the 2021 GYEC projects pool provided by the GYEC Silicon Valley Mentor team. All team projects should be aligned with at least one goal of 17 SDGs.
Final Round: July 1st – 31st, 2021
|Jul. 1st -15th||Final Round Registration||Final Round Registration will open in July!|
|Jul. 19th – 30th||Final Round Preparation||
1. Participate in GYEC Workshop Series and UCSB Entrepreneurship Program*.
2. Complete competition project problem description, market, and competitor analysis, promotion plan, business model, team division, operation plan, sustainable development analysis, etc.
3. Jul. 30 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time: Submit PRESENTATION DECK (10-minutes video or 8-pages Slides).
|Jul. 31st||Final Pitch Day||Prepare a 10-minute Final Pitch and 5-minute Q&A session.|
|Oct. 16th – 17th||2021 GYEC Global Final||All regional winning teams will be invited to the 2021 GYEC Global Final.|
* The Entrepreneur Mindset Program will be provided by the University of California, Santa Barbara. This program is not included in the Final Round Registration fee. If participants want to register for the program, they need to pay the extra program fee.
Prize and Awards
Participation Award (Individual)
- Participants who participate will receive a certificate of participation.
Semi-finalist Award (Team)
- All teams pass the Preliminary Round will receive certificate of semi-finalist.
2021 GYE Awards $5000
- The first-place winning team in the Global Final Competition will become the 2021 GYE Global Champion and receive a $5,000 scholarship award for the whole team.
Grand Prize RMB￥5,000 or USD $1,000
- Top 1% of the participating teams will receive a GYE scholarship of $1000 and a certificate officially certified by the GYEC Committee.
First Prize RMB ￥3,000 or USD $750
- Top 5% of the participating teams will receive a GYE scholarship of $750 and a certificate officially certified by the GYEC Committee.
Second Prize RMB ￥1,000 or USD $500
- Top 10% of the participating teams will receive a GYE scholarship of $500 and a certificate officially certified by the GYEC Committee.
Third Prize RMB￥500 or USD $300
- Top 15% of the participating teams will receive a GYE scholarship of $300 and a certificate officially certified by the GYEC Committee.
Most Influential Award
- The GYEC judges will select the most influential team and give a trophy and an official certificate.
Most Popular Award
- The GYEC committee, participants, mentor team, and on-site audiences will vote in real time to select the most popular team and give a trophy and an official certificate.
Most Creative Award
- The GYEC judges will select the most creative team and give a trophy and an official certificate.
- The team of GYEC Ivy League mentors will select the most beloved team for the competition and will be given a trophy and an official certificate.
- The GYEC Silicon Valley mentor team will select the most favorite participating team and give a trophy and an official certification certificate.
Best Team Player
- The team members of the competition team will vote to select the best player and give an official certification certificate. One team member of each team will receive this award.
- The GYEC jury will vote to select the team members with the best final speeches and give an official certificate. One team member of each team will receive this award.
Certificate of Participation
- All participants will receive a competition certificate officially certified by the GYEC Committee.
Certificate of Course Completion
- All participants who have participated in all Workshop Series will receive a certificate of completion of the competition officially certified by the GYEC Committee.